My Truth

In our class, Who am I, we explore philosophy by askin ourselves one question. What is your truth? In order to answer this question we created a podcast of what we defined as truth. Below the audio is a script of the audio, so feel free to read along



Script
Socrates, was sentenced to death for corrupting the youth and not believing in the gods. Most philosophy is not brought up to someone my age, because I cannot understand or comprehend what it is. My age doesn’t define who I am. It’s my beliefs, it’s my opinion. I want someone to look at me for my opinion. I want them to know my truth

In the second grade,I had to work in a group of people who did not like me. We had to explain what a goldfish was. I wanted to make the class laugh, so at the end of the presentation I held up a box of goldfish crackers and said “Do not eat goldfish.” As I was doing this, I thought in the back of my head, that this might not make anyone laugh, and as I predicted, none laughed, and everyone in my group told me my idea was stupid.

The truth was that what I should have been more patient. Not everything I want to share can be shared, and not everything I think is needed to be heard.
In that moment, I should have realized not all of my ideas can be heard, and I had to earn everyone’s respect in order for them to listen. It was only after fifth grade, I changed. I became less talkative, less confident, and constantly worried about what everyone thought of me.

I became aware of what someone might think, when I begin to share my ideas. My family always told me to not care about others opinions, and to express myself. This is very true, but there is a point where you should care about what others think. If you do;t you become ignorant.

My truth is, to be patient with yourself, to wait, and think about you are going to do next. Sometimes I need to remind myself, that today won’t really affect the future, and that even if I do share this idea, it won't matter later on. My grandmother told me that she has lived a long life, and that even though time passes by fast, you need to think about your future wisely.


Comments