Feeling Crumby

HOME-MADE DISH

GGS (2018) Cookies from Bake Sale
Made chocolate chip cookies on a Thursday, for a bake sale, that was started to fund the Trevor Project. The dish doesn't have any special look and doesn't have a particularly alluring smell. My dish is slightly crunchy on the outside but is softer on the inside.

My dish is somewhat smooth, and soft, but has structure. the dish tastes similar to trader joe cookies. I believe that my dish has some kind of fresh taste since I ate it as soon as it came out of the oven.

I used All-purpose Flour, instead of Gold-Medal All-purpose Flour which made the cookie dough a yellowish color. In a chapter by Michael Pollan, about the modern diet, I learned that before the use of metal, flour had a germ that supplemented Vitamin B, and was healthier for people. Overall this dish was flaky, crunchy and slightly chewy.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

RESTAURANT-DISH

This cookie was really chewy, and the texture felt gummy and undercooked. It was almost as though it was almost raw cookie dough in the center. The chocolate chips included a lot of chocolate chips that were heated to point that made the dish have a creamy flavor. This dish has an original taste, and that is one of the reasons why I am willing to spend about $3 on this tender cookie. It smelled like it came straight out of the oven, and tasted like it too.

COMPARISON

ALL (2018) Starbucks Cookie
I prefer my dish because it contains less sugar, and it isn't as filling as the other dish, although both taste delicious. The restaurant dish was much more chewy and tender. Michael Pollan discussed the five things that changed our diet, into the modern diet. The flour that was supposed to be used was refined flour that wasn't as healthy, but the flour I did use, did create a different taste. This changed some of the quality of flavor in the dish but was still great. It really depends on the persons view on texture, that would affect which one I recommend.

Comments