The V Bike!

To wrap up our final term, Design and Engineering, we had to design a bike for a specific person. My partner and I's persona is named Vanessa. She travels 4 miles a day to get to school, as well as dropping off her younger sibling at a daycare. When Vanessa travels, she has to avoid lots of potholes on the bike lane. When she gets home, she has to lock up her bike outside overnight, because there isn't enough space in her house to store the bike.

The problems that my partner and I focused on fixing were the potholes, locking the bike outside for a longtime, and Vanessa having to drive he sibling to daycare. When I interviewed a bicyclist for this project, they told me "My apartment has a specific place for bikes." This made me wonder why my interviewee's apartment had a bike space, and if other apartments should have a space for bikes. Although I could not design a space for Vanessa's bike, I was bale to make it more compact for their home.

In the slideshow below is the bike design we made for our persona, Vanessa.

This bike will solve Vanessa's problem with locking it up outside. There are wired cables in the bike frame and attached to the bike handles. This will give Vanessa's bike more security when it's locked up outside. The bike can turn its center to take up less space on the bike. This should allow Vanessa to keep her bike inside her house, rather than having to keep it outside overnight. The bike also includes a secure box that can fold up flat when it's not being used. I believe this bike will benefit Vanessa greatly, because the Vbike offers more security and flexibility.
Thank you for reading my blog and viewing our bike design.

Comments