What Can Artist's Learn about the Animation Process?

Because of the situation that the world is facing, right now, our school did not want to take any risks letting students, or the public accidentally bring the Covid-19 into our community. At this time, we are taking our final presentations online. As an alternative to canceling final presentations for our school, we are converting it into online interaction. Below is my final presentation on my guiding question.

My guiding question for this my final presentations this year is what can I learn, as an artist, from the animation process. Here is a short video from an action project I made in my last unit of Light, Sound, and Time. You can look at my blog post here.

Here is a shorter animated version of the video. I had planned on animating the entire video, but due to the lack of time, I could only animate 12 seconds of the original.
What I learned from making this animation was how fast things are moving in our eyes. Many times, I had wither animated a motion too quickly or too slowly, and I had to think about how long a frame would be on camera. The average fps for animation users are 12. In this animation, there are 154 frames meaning the animation runs for around 12 seconds. 
When I first began animating the video, I learned that the question mark took up 4 seconds of the 12-second video. 4 seconds seems like a short amount of time until you consider how many frames take up that time. 4 seconds is the equivalent of 48 frames. When I creat4ed the first frame of the video, I had it last for 48 frames, with the same frame. I decided that rather than have the same frame play over and over again, I have it switch between two sightly different frames.
The part where the pen was writing the word today took up 30 frames. As I was drawing each frame, I  worried that it would move too fast for everyone viewing. However, when I played the frames, everything seemed to move at a normal pace.

Comments