Coding Snow fall

This is officially my last Computer Science project for my senior year. After reviewing various If Statements, Looping functions, and learning how to draw on a pixel grid, this is the final product of all my knowledge. In the several hours it took for me to create this image, it will take you around 20 seconds to get the full picture.

Snowfall

This idea I had for this project was going to be a bit more complicated then I had originally planned. I didn't take into account the layering that would need to be done for each part of the picture to come out right. the orange cat for instance, had to be behind the window frame but above the window lighting. The cat's head is actually a half circle covered but a tick line made with the same RGB coloring as the window. 

The snow did not turn out the way I had imagined it, but I do hope to return to this project and make the snow particles more realistic. I really enjoyed this process, despite losing my code several times. I am an artist myself and enjoy exploring coloring and backdrop lighting in different environments. A majority of the colors in this drawing have a strong pigment of blue, to enhance the cold night atmosphere that I am trying to recreate.

Thank you for viewing my work, and taking the time to read my experience!

Comments